National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT), Chennai, a technical arm of the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Govt. of India, Applications are invited from the interested and eligible Indian nationals to fill up these posts.
The candidates should apply on-line and forward a hard copy duly signed by Post along with Registration No. (Obtained by online submission) enclosing the requisite copies of certificates.
Name of the Post: Project Scientist – I
No of Openings: 26 Posts
Salary Range Pay scale Rs.15,600-39,100/- + Grade Pay Rs.5,400/-
Age Limit Below 35 years
PS101-MECH , Mechanical , 7 Vacancies
PS102-CVL , Civil / Structural Engineering, 3 Vacancies
PS103-INSC, Electronics & Instrumentation, 1 Vacancy
PS104-EEE, Electrical & Electronics, 1 Vacancy
PS105-ECE , Electronics & Communication, 3 Vacancies & Electronics & Media Technology, 1 Vacancy
PS106-GEO, Marine Geophysics, 1 Vacancy
PS107-OPO , Oceanography / Physical Oceanography / Physics, 4 Vacancies
PS108-LS, Life Sciences-1 & Organic Chemistry-1, 2 Vacancies
PS109-OE, Ocean Engineering, 2 Vacancies
PS110-GI & RS, GIS & Remote Sensing, 1 Vacancies
Name of the Post Project Senior Executive (Audit)
No of Openings: 2 Posts)
Consolidated Salary: Rs. 36,213/- per month
Age Limit below: 35 years (Relaxable to retired Govt. employees / Ex-Servicemen upto 62 years)
PSE-111 , 2 Vacancies
Name of the Post Project Junior Assistant
No of Openings: 4 Posts
Consolidated Salary: Rs. 18,531/- per month
PJA-112, 4 Vacancies
The candidates are requested to note the following:
1. Candidates must be citizens of India.
2. The application form is available online on NIOT website http://www.niot.res.in/index.php/recruitment. The candidate has to fill the application online and upon submission, applicants will be provided with an online Registration Number. After allotment of Registration Number, the candidate has to take a print out, duly sign and send it to NIOT along with copies of the following certificates to reach by 09.10.2015. Online applications must invariably be followed with duly signed hard copy along with relevant enclosures. Online applications without hardcopy submission will lead to rejection of application. Similarly hard copy applications without online registration will not be considered. The application without the following enclosures shall summarily be rejected.
i) Qualification certificates
ii) Mark List
iii) Experience certificates
iv) Caste certificate in the prescribed form issued by the Competent Revenue Authority.
3. Paste a recent passport size colour photograph in the space provided for at the right top portion on the first page of the application.
4. Experience in a discipline / area of work, wherever prescribed, shall be counted after the date of acquiring the minimum prescribed qualifications for that post.
5. The candidates should not have exceeded the maximum age limit specified above as on the last date of receipt of Applications. A maximum relaxation of 5 years in age is applicable to SC/ST and candidates working in Government of India / Autonomous organizations of GOI; 10 years in age is applicable to physically disabled persons and 3 years for OBC candidates.
6. Women candidates fulfilling the requirements are encouraged to apply for the posts.
7. Candidates who are in Government / autonomous Institutions and PSU should forward their applications only through proper channel.
8. NIOT may fix suitable norms for short listing the applications depending upon the vacancies available and the area in which the vacancies exist.
9. Mere possession of the education qualifications and requisite experience will not entitle any right to be called for interview or selection.
10. The Advt. No., Post No., Post Name and Discipline should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
11. The candidates selected are liable to work anywhere in India and can be posted in any of the projects of NIOT.
12. Self attested copies of certificates / testimonials (for age, qualification and experience proof) should be enclosed along with the applications. Enclose list of publications / reprints etc., if any also with the application. Write “Enclosure Sl. No. _____’ as mentioned in the application.
13. The applications received after due date or without enclosures or incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. NIOT cannot take any responsibility for transit and other delays.
14. The number of posts mentioned in the advertisement may vary depending upon the requirements. NIOT reserves the right not to fill up any post(s) without assigning any reasons what so ever.
15. Canvassing in any form will be treated as disqualification.
16. Any unsolicited communication regarding this advertisement is strictly prohibited.
17. The decision of NIOT in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of application shall be final and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection from any individual or his/her agency.
18. The engagement is time bound and purely temporary on contract basis for a fixed term.
19. The duration of the engagement would be for a period till 31.03.2017 or co-terminus with the project in which he/she is engaged, whichever is earlier.
20. If the candidate wants his/her application to be considered for more than one post, separate application should be submitted for each post.
21. The candidates selected against the post with Life Science qualification are liable to be posted in Andaman & Nicobar / Lakshadweep Islands.
22. Marine / ocean technology related experience will be an added advantage.
Click Here to Apply online
Hard copy of registered online applications should be sent to The Director, National Institute of Ocean Technology, Velachery – Tambaram Main Road, Pallikaranai, Chennai–600100, INDIA so as to reach on or before the due date, duly superscribing on the envelope “Project Scientists and other Project Post”.
LAST DATE FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS : 01.10.2015
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS : 09.10.2015
Age Limit Below: Below 28 years
Download detailed Advertisement:- NIOT-EnP-02(PROJECT)-2015
National Institute of Ocean Technology (NIOT):- https://www.niot.res.in